Here are the basic system requirements in order to have a good user experience with the HowNow platform.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
Which Browsers are supported?
- Windows: Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Microsoft Edge
- Mac: Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Safari 11+
- Linux: Chrome (recommended), Firefox
Using Internet Explorer (IE) is not advised. Microsoft no longer supports/updates this browser. Using IE will expose you to security vulnerabilities.
-> Note that we recommend using the Chrome browser to make full use of our HowNow Chrome extension.
What are the Processor and RAM Requirements?
- Processor: Dual Core 2Ghz or Higher (i3/i5/i7 or AMD equivalent)
- RAM: 4GB
What are the Bandwidth Requirements?
For video calling: 400kbps (up/down) for good quality video and 600kbps (up/down) for excellent quality